Virtual Assistants / Client Care for Healthcare Practitioners
Beyond Your Office is looking to add one or more VAs to their team in a sub-contracting capacity to help provide support to clients who work in the health care sector and their patients / clients.
We are looking for someone who is professional, detail oriented, client service focused, efficient, friendly and with excellent communication skills. You are honest about what you can and more importantly cannot do.
We welcome applications from those who are looking for part-time work with no expectation for guaranteed hours and who work from a home office within Ontario (but open to other provinces) due primarily to the daytime hours required to support patients of current clients working in Ontario.
This position is completely virtual and the perfect opportunity for you if you have flexibility in your schedule to provide administrative support for short intervals during the day (30 minutes to one or 2 hours per day depending on needs of practitioner and how many you may provide support to).
- on-going communication with company owner and patients / clients
- onboarding of new patients / clients
- setting up and making changes as need to patient / client appointments
- processing payments patient visits
- uploading lab work and other test results to patient charts
- sending virtual prescriptions and lab requisitions to patients
- document standard operating procedures as needed
- other tasks dependent on the practitioner you are supporting
- ability to thrive in an independent environment, prioritizing and managing your own schedule
- strong time management, communication and organizational skills
- experience with the clinic management program, Jane (https://jane.app/).
- access to a quiet workspace to make and receive professional phone calls during daytime hours if needed
- must be able to check messages several times a day and respond in a timely manner
- access to reliable internet and computer
- general computer literacy and comfortable using online tools
- business / professional level of English both oral and written (bilingualism is an asset)
- must be available in Eastern Time Zone business hours and located in Canada
- having worked at least one year in a virtual capacity
- previous administrative experience working in a clinical setting
- experience using Asana (or similar tool)
- experience using remote phone services (not currently used but may be required in the future)
- experience using MailChimp or other email software
- ability to make simple updates to a WordPress (or similar) website
Number of hours a month: 10-15 hours (with room to grow as new possibilities arise).
As part of the Beyond Your Office Team other opportunities for providing support may be available from time to time as well.
How to Apply:
We have a 3-step application process:
(1) Video / Written Introduction
We would love to get a sense of who you are and what makes you the best option to move forward through the process. If you are comfortable, please create a video of no more than 10-15 minutes sharing the following information:
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- What area do you consider your expertise to be in?
- What would you like us to know about you?
If you are not comfortable being on video, please share your answers to the above questions in a written proposal like format.
For both – in addition to sharing either a link to your video or the written proposal, please share your resume or portfolio. If you do not have a resume or portfolio but have an updated LinkedIn profile please share a link to that in its place.
(2) Detailed Questionnaire
A link to this will follow if we are interested in learning more.
An invitation for an interview will be sent only after you are successfully moved through steps 1 and 2.
Please email all links and documents to: email@example.com
Deadline: February 24th, 2023 (No phone calls, please.)