Social Media Assistants
Beyond Your Office is looking for someone who is creative, is up to date on the latest social media trends, has a number of years of experience managing their own personal social profiles and those of either nonprofit organizations, small businesses, or entrepreneurs.
We welcome applications from those who are looking for part-time work with no expectation for guaranteed hours. The ideal applicants will be experienced freelancers, virtual assistants, or others working in a virtual support capacity. This is ideal for those at a junior to intermediate level who have the required skills and would like to gain additional experience in the area of social media marketing.
Does this sound like you? If yes, please continue to read and follow the instructions below.
- Work with Client to create a social media strategy and calendar that collaborates with their overall marketing and advertising objectives.
- Schedule messages and images in a variety of social media programs as drafts for approval.
- Research top influencers, hash tags, competitors, and trends in the client's industry.
- Create timely and engaging content and professional visuals that are optimized for each platform and the intended audience.
- Monitor platforms for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the client (if desired by client and/or forward anything out of your scope to client).
- Report social media statistics weekly / monthly.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools.
- Keep tracking and other procedural documents up-to-date.
- Experience and knowledge with social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more.
- Knowledge of correct image sizing for each social platform.
- Must know how to best use hashtags, where not and how to complete hash tag research.
- Strong writing and copyediting skills in English (French an asset).
- Experience with social media for nonprofits or related businesses is an asset.
- Must have knowledge of ALT tags.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling tools and analytics software (i.e., Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Facebook Creator, Buffer, etc.).
- Excellent design skills (with attention to detail, an eye for colour and fonts).
- Knowledge of Canva is essential and a basic understanding / experience of Photoshop would be a bonus.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with Facebook and LinkedIn paid advertising is an asset.
- Have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience supporting other brands (or can show equivalency from personal business social media profiles).
- Personal Computer
- Access to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Access and experience using DropBox / Google Drive
- Experience using Asana (desired)
- Experience using Canva / Photoshop
- Experience using social media scheduling tools
- Experience using URL shortening tools like Bit.ly
We are open to candidates who can work efficiently and virtually from anywhere within Canada.
TBD - please share you expectations with your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide the following by email to email@example.com:
- Resume / portfolio and cover letter.
- Expected compensation.
- Examples of social media accounts you have managed and personal business accounts if applicable.
- Examples of visuals created to accompany social media posts or other relevant work.